CYO Retreat Center
The CYO Retreat Center is located amidst 216 acres of towering redwood forest and open meadow in historical western Sonoma County, just six miles from the Pacific Ocean and a short walk to the town of Occidental.
The CYO Retreat Center property includes:
- 24 heated cabins accommodate up to twelve people each and have centralized bathhouses.
- Bathhouses are handicap accessible and have separate facilities for men and women, 5-6 toilets, and 6+ showers in each, with many modern amenities like radiant floor heating and automatic lighting and fans.
- A limited number of luxurious Day House apartments are available for group leaders and key attendees, offering amenities such as a full kitchen, living room, and separate bedrooms and baths.
- A fully equipped and staffed main kitchen, ready to prepare a wide selection of meals for up to 300 people.
- A spacious 6,000-square-foot lodge with surrounding decks.
- A large playing field that has a regulation size softball field with a short backstop.
- A large sports court with six basketball courts and a volleyball court, a second “sand” volleyball court, and a horseshoe pit.
- Two full-size, heated pools.
- Multiple camping and campfire sites, including two large campfire areas that each have bench seating for up to 100 people.
- Multiple hiking trails.
Take a photo tour of our facility HERE
From the North, South, or East:
Take Highway #101 to Santa Rosa. Take the Highway #12 West-Sebastopol/Bodega Bay exit. Follow Highway #12 through Sebastopol.
Continue for 8 miles until you reach the Bohemian Highway turnoff at Freestone (there will be a small green sign on the right marked “Freestone/Occidental”). Turn right onto Bohemian Highway and continue for almost 2 miles. CYO Retreat Center is located on the left side of the road. Cross to the entrance carefully, and continue up the hill to the parking lot.